Reijo Nikkilä was in Prague studying the Czech language when on 21 August 1968 the tanks of the Warsaw Pact rolled onto the streets and ended all calls for freedom of speech and humane socialism. Nikkilä also took to the streets with his camera and 30 years later compiled his footage into a film.
The film kicks off DocPoint’s Apollo Awarded Reijo Nikkilä’s A Bitter Taste of Freedom programme. The screening is free of charge, and includes the Apollo award ceremony and discussion. Director Marina Goldovskaya will be present at the seminar.
- Name in Original Language: Praha 21.8.1968
- Director: Reijo Nikkilä
- Country: Finland
- Year: 1998
- Length: 25 min
- Age limit: S
- Format: digibeta
- Cinematography: Reijo Nikkilä
- Editing: Marko Ahokas, Vesa Lehko
- Audio: Reijo Nikkilä, Timo Hintikka
- Production: Yleisradio TV1
- Andorra: Wednesday 28.1. at 17:00