Friday Child tells the story of a daughter, who only gets to see her mother on weekends. At her mother’s, life feels like a celebration: they dress up as ghosts and sing curious songs. When the weekend is over, it is time for letting go.
The film is screened along with 6 other films as part of New Visions – New Student Films screening, with the total length of 85 minutes.
Director Tinja Ruusuvuori will be present at the screenings.
- Name in Original Language: Viikonloppulapsi
- Director: Tinja Ruusuvuori
- Country: Finland
- Year: 2014
- Length: 17 min
- Age limit: S
- Cinematography: Peter Salovaara
- Editing: Inka Lahti
- Audio: Vili Laitinen
- Music: Vili Laitinen, Jarkko Kela
- Production: Tiina Pitkänen / ELO Film School Helsinki / Aalto University
- Maxim 1: Saturday 31.1. at 15:00
- Kinopalatsi 6: Sunday 1.2. at 19:00