What we talk about, when we talk about the cunt, easily becomes a drab account on mucous membranes. Vulva 3.0 is anything but. Adorned with both scientific knowledge and mythology, the film lets the pussy out of the bag. It’s a fresh breeze amidst the hypersexual imagery of every muff photoshopped into a Barbie slit.
The film sees the beaver as a source of pleasure and sexual self-esteem, bypassing reproduction and sexual health almost altogether. Not shying away from difficult issues, it also takes on genital mutilation – the knife marks of both shamans and plastic surgeons.
The gash comes in many guises, but Richarz’s and Zimmermann’s documentary steers clear from euphemisms and avoids the embarrassing pitfalls of sex education. So just lean back in your seat, raise a glass to the diversity of female bodies, and enjoy the slippery slope down the most wondrous of all human cavities, the cunt.
Text: Sanni Myllyaho / Translation: Tapio Reinekoski
Director Claudia Richarz will be present at the screening.
In the beginning of the film we will see Reetta Aalto’s short animation Pussy for Beginners (Finland, 4 min). Pussy for Beginners is an educational film about women’s sexuality, genitalia and their functions during sexual interaction. Contains nudity.
- Name in Original Language: Vulva 3.0 – Zwischen Tabu und Tuning
- Director: Claudia Richarz, Ulrike Zimmermann
- Country: Germany
- Year: 2014
- Length: 79 min
- Age limit: S
- Format: DCP
- Cinematography: Claudia Richarz
- Editing: Daniela Boch, Antje Lass
- Audio: Thomas Sorig, César Fernàndez, Shinya Kitamura, Gregor Steinweg, Raphael Rumpf, Timo Selengia
- Music: Roland Musolff
- Production: Ulrike Zimmermann / MMM Film Zimmermann & Co GmbH
- Kinopalatsi 8: Wednesday 28.1. at 13:45