James Brown has come a long way: A boy from a poor and troubled family rose to the top of the music world and became the godfather of soul. Interviews, photographs and concerts hit the beat as we follow his journey from rhythm and blues to funk.
Text: Sanni Myllyaho / Translation: Katri Tenhola
Please note that the correct time of the screening on Saturday is 8 pm at Savoy theatre.
- Director: Alex Gibney
- Country: USA
- Year: 2014
- Length: 121 min
- Age limit: S
- Format: DCP
- Cinematography: Maryse Alberti, Antonio Rossi
- Editing: Geeta Gandbhir, Maya Mumma
- Audio: Chris Fielder, Tom Fleischman, Maegan Hayward, Branka Mrkic
- Music: Erin Fuentes, Alison Litton, Margaret Yan
- Production: Mick Jagger, Victoria Pearman / Jagged Films, Peter Afterman / Inaudible Films, Blair Foster / Jigsaw Productions
- Savoy: Saturday 31.1. at 20:00
- Maxim 2: Sunday 1.2. at 16:00